HFP has been working in the whole country to close the gap in care between those who receive proper treatment and those who do not. We do this through a range of programs to develop sustainable national care programs at national and provincial level.
What we do:
- Community outreach to diagnose patients with bleeding disorders;
- Advocacy with the government to seek support;
- Facilitation and sensitization of health care providers;
- Increase access to safe treatment products throughout the country;
- Maintaining National Patient’s Registry through data collection and
- Empowering patient groups [HFP-Chapters] through capacity building.
In all our development activities, we build a winning coalition made up of national governmental bodies, health care professionals, patient group leaders, people with bleeding disorders, and our volunteers.